F, #7435, b. 29 September 1887, d. 3 June 1938
- 1st cousin 2 times removed of Joseph Wayne Peery
Helen Gertrude Hayes was born on 29 September 1887 at Texas.3,4,5,6,1 She was the daughter of Franklin Pierce Hayes and Nancy Virginia Sumrall.1 Helen Gertrude Hayes also went by the name of Gertie.6 She appeared as a daughter on the census of 13 June 1900 in the household of Franklin Pierce Hayes and Nancy Virginia Hayes at Pct 7, Mobile, Tyler County, Texas.1 She married (?) Sturrock circa 1906.2 She became a widow upon the death of her husband, (?) Sturrock, before 22 April 1910.2 She appeared as a daughter on the census of 22 April 1910 in the household of Franklin Pierce Hayes at Pct 7, Tyler County, Texas.2 She married C. A. Martin on 5 February 1912 at Tyler County, Texas.7,3 She may have died on 4 April 1938 at age 50.6 She died on 3 June 1938 at age 50 years, 8 months and 5 days.3,5 She may have died on 4 June 1938 at age 50.4 She was buried at Mann Cemetery, CR 2836, Tyler County, Texas.3,5
- [S409] 13 Jun 1900, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T623_1674, P5B.
- [S413] 22 Apr 1910, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T624_1594, P3A.
- [S530] Hellen Gertrude Hayes Martin, Cemetery Marker, Mann Cemetery, CR 2836, Tyler County, Texas.
- [S434] Mose Hayes Family Bible.
- [S447] Jim W. and Ann Crews Laird, Tyler County Texas Gravestone Inscriptions, p. 120.
- [S455] Carol Gallegos, "E-Mail Message from Carol Gallegos to James H. Hayes," e-mail to James Hayes, 26 Sep 2007.
- [S948] Jim & Ann Crews Laird, Tyler County Marriage Records, Bride Index P144.
- [S314] Texas, U.S., Birth Index, 1903-1997, online search.ancestry.com.