F, #11895, b. 1 April 1691, d. 23 February 1762
- 8th great-grandmother of Joseph Wayne Peery
Elisabeth Chorel de Saint-Romain was baptized on 1 April 1691 at Champlain, Quebec, Canada.2,1 She was the daughter of Francois Chorel de Saint-Romain dit d'Orvilliers and Marie Anne Aubuchon.1,2 She married Jean Mailhot in 1717.3 She became a widow upon the death of her husband, Jean Mailhot, before 24 March 1718.3 She married Robert Groston de Saint-Ange, son of Jean Groston and Marie Rebourceau, on 24 March 1718 at Montreal, Quebec, Canada.2,1 As of 1722, Elisabeth Chorel de Saint-Romain lived at Illinois Territory, French Louisiana.4 She became a widow upon the death of her husband, Robert Groston de Saint-Ange, in June 1740.1 She died on 23 February 1762 at Fort de Chartres, Illinois Territory, French Louisiana, at age 70 years, 10 months and 22 days.1 She was buried on 23 February 1762 at Fort de Chartres, Illinois Territory, French Louisiana.1
Family: Elisabeth Chorel de Saint-Romain and Jean Mailhot
Child of Elisabeth Chorel de Saint-Romain and Robert Groston de Saint-Ange
- [S1381] John Francis McDermott, "GROSTON DE SAINT-ANGE, ROBERT," Dictionary of Canadian Biography, vol. 2, 2003-.
- [S1370] Quebec, Genealogical Dictionary of Canadian Families (Tanguay Collection), 1608-1890, online http://search.ancestry.com, Name: Elisabeth Chorel
Relationship to Head: Enfant (Child)
Baptism Date: 1 avr. 1691 (1 Apr 1691)
Baptism Place: Chaplain
Father's name: François Chorel
Mother's name: Marie-Anne Aubuchon
Marriage Date: 24 mars 1718 (24 Mar 1718)
Marriage Place: Montréal
Spouse's Name: Robert Groston.
- [S1370] Quebec, Genealogical Dictionary of Canadian Families (Tanguay Collection), 1608-1890, online http://search.ancestry.com, Name: Elizabeth Chorel
Relationship to Head: Conjoint(e) de l'enfant (Child's Spouse)
Marriage Date: 1717
Spouse's Name: Jean Mailhot.
- [S1298] U. S. & Canada, Passenger & Immigration Lists, online http://search.ancestry.com/, Name: Elisabeth Sorel de St. Romain
Birth Year: abt 1691
Arrival Year: 1722
Arrival Place: Illinois