Willie Elmer Sherrod
M, #4125, b. 1 October 1905, d. 24 August 1981
Willie Elmer Sherrod was born on 1 October 1905 at Texas.1,2,3 He was the son of Ethan Allen Sherrod and Aeaner Melvina Samford.4 He appeared as a son on the census of 20 April 1910 in the household of Ethan Allen Sherrod and Aeaner Melvina Sherrod at Pct 6, Shelby County, Texas.5 He appeared as a son on the census of 13 January 1920 in the household of Ethan Allen Sherrod and Aeaner Melvina Samford at Pct 1, Shelby County, Texas.6 He married Gertrude Barton on 11 April 1925. He died of cardiac arrest at 9 am on 24 August 1981 at Orange Memorial Hospital, 608 Strickland Drive, Orange, Orange County, Texas, at age 75 years, 10 months and 23 days.1,7,3,2 He was buried at Old Home Cemetery, Tenaha, Shelby County, Texas.3
- [S1293] Texas, U.S., Death Certificates, 1903-1982, online search.ancestry.com, Name: Willie Elmer Sherrod
Birth Date: 1 Oct 1905
Birth Place: Texas
Residence: West Orange, Orange, Texas
Spouse: Gertrude Barton
Father: Ethel E Sherrod
Mother: Melvinie Samford
Age at Death: 75
Death Date: 24 Aug 1981
Death Place: Orange, Orange, Texas, USA.
- [S40] Yvonna Sherrod Boehme, Recollections of the Past, p. 2.
- [S806] Find A Grave, online www.findagrave.com, Memorial# 38210606 - Elmer Sherrod.
- [S40] Yvonna Sherrod Boehme, Recollections of the Past.
- [S1178] 20 Apr 1910, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T624_1588, Image 978, ED 0153, FHL Film 1375601, P5B.
- [S1179] 13 Jan 1920, United States Federal Census, [database on-line], Provo, Utah County, Utah, Roll: T625_1846, Image 36, ED 184, P5B.
- [S1157] Texas Death Index, 1964-1998, online http://www.familysearch.org, "Texas Death Index, 1964-1998," Willie Elmer Sherrod (1981)
name: Willie Elmer Sherrod
death date: 24 Aug 1981
death county: Orange
death place: Orange, Texas, United States
"Texas Death Index, 1964-1998," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JV6B-B46 : accessed 17 April 2012), Willie Elmer Sherrod (1981).